Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What age do I need to be to join WJMC?
A. WJMC is open to riders aged 4-19.
Q. How many times do I get to ride on a normal club day?
A. On a standard race day (8 race days a year), there will be a three lap practice and three races for each class across the entire day.
Q. What size bike can I ride for my age?
A. The official Motorcycling Australia divisions are as follows:
- Age 4-u9 50cc Demo Class
- Age 7-u9 50cc Auto Class
- Age 7-u13 65cc 2stroke
- Age 9-u12 85cc 2stroke and 150cc 4stroke (Standard Wheel only)
- Age 12-u16 85cc 2stroke and 150cc 4stroke (Standard or Big Wheel)
- Age 13-u16 250cc 4stroke and 150cc 2stroke
- Age 16-u19 250cc 4stroke and 150cc 2stroke
- Age 4-U9 Demo 50CC Class (Non Competitive)
- Age 7-Under 11 years Limited 60-90CC 2 Stroke and 85-110CC 4 stroke
- Age 8- Under 12 years Competition 60-90CC 2 Stroke and 85-125CC 4 stroke
- Age 12-U16 years Competition 200 2 stroke and 250CC 4 stroke
For bike specifications and most up to date information please see the 2016 Motorcycling Australia MoMs
Q. How long does my membership last for?
A. From the date issued to the 31st of December
Q. Do I need any safety gear?
A. Australians standards helmet, MX boots, goggles, gloves, race pants, jersey, under 16s are required to wear body armour.
Q. Can I apply for a gate key?
A. If the guardian of the rider holds a MWA level 1 officials course licence, they are able to purchase a gate key.
Q. Do I need a license to ride on the track?
A. All riders must be a current club member and have a current MWA licence to ride at the track.
Q. Can I ride anywhere when I am at the track?
A. No, you must ride only on the track and NOT in the canteen or grassed area. No riding on the track backwards or cutting of the track is premitted and if do, you risk losing your practice key.
Q. What time do Busy Bees commence?
A. Busy bees commence at 8am