Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What age do I need to be to join WJMC?
A. WJMC is open to riders aged 4 – under 19.
Q. How many times do I get to ride on a normal club day?
A. On a standard race day (8 race days a year), there will be a three lap practice and three races for each class across the entire day.
Q. What size bike can I ride for my age?
A. The official Motorcycling Australia divisions are as follows:
- Age 4 – under 9 50cc Demo Class
- Age 7 – under 9 50cc Auto Class
- Age 7 – under 12 65cc 2 stroke
- Age 9 – under 12 85cc 2 stroke and 150cc 4stroke (Standard Wheel)
- Age 12 – under 16 85cc 2 stroke and 150cc 4stroke (Big Wheel)
- Age 13 – under 16 250cc 4 stroke and 150cc 2stroke
- Age 16 – under 19
- Age 4 – under 9 Demo 50cc Class (Non Competitive)
- Age 7 – Under 11 years Limited 60-90cc 2 Stroke and 85-110cc 4 stroke
- Age 8 – Under 12 years Competition 60-90cc 2 Stroke and 85-125cc 4 stroke
- Age 12- Under 16 years Competition 200 2 stroke and 250cc 4 stroke
For bike specifications and most up to date information please see the 2021 Motorcycling Australia MoMs
Q. How long does my membership last for?
A. One calendar year, ie 1st January to the 31st December 2020
Q. Do I need any safety gear?
A. Australians standards helmet, MX boots, goggles, gloves, race pants, jersey, under 16s are required to wear body armour.
Q. Can I apply for a gate key?
A. If the guardian of the rider holds a MWA Practice Supervisor 1 officials course licence, they will be issued with a gate key as part of the Practice Fee.
Q. Do I need a license to ride on the track?
A. All riders must be a current club member and have a current MWA licence to ride at the track.
Q. Can I ride anywhere when I am at the track?
A. No, you must ride only on the track and NOT in the canteen or grassed area. No riding on the track backwards or cutting of the track is premitted and if do, you risk losing your practice key.
Q. What time do Busy Bees commence?
A. Busy bees commence at 8am